This week I read the following quote ( or along the lines of the quote somewhere and would love to know who to attribute it to. ) My limited searching reveals it may be Eleanor Roosevelt but I would be thrilled if one of my learned blogging and linguistically tlented friends could confirm it for me. and if possible the context in which it was said.
Yesterday's history tomorrow's a Mystery today is a gift. That is why it called the "present."
Ho true! Make the most of each day. If you haven't checked in lately and want some inspiration log into Michaelforbes to see how he is progressing. I am in awe of him and his family. While I am typing this Ahubby is at Royal Talbot paying a visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
58 comments:
That is indeed a quote to live life by. No idea where it came from though.
Oh please...
Great quote. I found a good answer here about its possible origins:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071130182336AA7qVmv
Beautiful. And very true. We've been thinking of Michael Forbes and his family. Hoping he makes steady progress.
It appears the quote may derive from at least the middle ages. Some have suggested the full version is:
"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."
Whatever the origin I certainly need reminding of this often.
Love M xx
RIP
:(
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
You will be missed by all those whose lives you touched.
Goodbye my friend.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Ahubby and Kingsley. Your spirit enriched our lives, even though we never met you in person, S. We will miss you.
xx
Rob and Melinda
Deepest sympathy to all S's family and friends.
Goodbye, my friend.
I left a comment here a couple weeks ago but it doesn't look like I posted it properly. I was worried when S hadn't posted on her blog for a while and emailed her but didn't hear back. I cam here to find the very sad news that she had passed away.
I knew S because she contacted me while I was doing chemo at Cabrini. She came across my blog. We were in email contact and she was always interested to here how I was doing. Even though I unfortunately never met her, it was an privilege to have known her. She really was an amazingly beautiful person. My deepest sympathy to her husband and daughter, family and friends.
I still miss Susie
One year on and I try to remember that "today is a gift" always.
I miss our friendship very much.
xxx
I miss you everyday - more than anyone realises.
I paid $4.80 for a regular takeaway coffee today, and I wondered what you would have had to say about that? You are much missed, S.
Hi Susie, I remembered you with love. I miss you always. You would have been proud of the deal I struck with Council this year when I had to re-tender for the pool.
Much Love
Ronnie
XXXX
Happy Birthday Su
Dear Susie, 3 years on and I still think of you daily. I am not so sad at missing you now as I know you are safe and healthy. Thank you for your visit back in May. Thank you for the message that Brett's dad is well also. Naturally when you came to visit your concern was mostly for Brett's Mum and how she was coping. Even in death your are a totally amazing and giving woman. I thank the higher power every day that you were a part of my life. WStar, I hope you are doing ok and if you recieved my letter back in May that it didn;t upset you too much. That was not my intention.
Love always
Ronnie
I miss you everyday and am waiting for it to hurt just a little bit less.
We remember all the happy times, but miss you so much. There's been so many stories I wish I could have shared with you. xxx
Happy Birthday Su
Not one day goes past without missing you and wishing you were here. I love you Sui
Happy Birthday Sui. I miss you. xo
Was thinking of you on your birthday. Miss you. x
Hi Susie, You are on my mind a lot at the moment. WStar, I hope you are doing ok. XXX
I miss you Sui and always will. Not just today, but everyday. xo
Never forgotten. We miss you, S but remember all the good times. x
Happy Birthday Sui. You are missed, remembered and loved more than you could imagine. xo
Each day you are missed. I'd give anything for you to be here. I love you Sui. xo
Happy Birthday Sui. You are loved, missed and remembered. xo
It has been 7 years, but it hurts as if it was yesterday. I miss you. I love you Sui. xo
Remembered always...but on your birthday we especially miss you. x
We will love you always and forever. We miss you everyday but especially today. xo
We miss and remember you every single day but you not being here means it hurts a lot more on your 50th birthday. We love you. xo
Nine years today you've been gone. Miss you so very much and more than you could imagine. We think of you every single day. I love you Sui. xo
Happy Birthday Sui. We love you and miss you. Always remembered. xo
10 years..in some ways it seems like a long time and in other ways like it was yesterday. You are missed, remembered and loved. Always. xo
Happy Birthday Sui. Another one without you here. You are remembered with love every day but none more so than today. Love you and miss you. xo
Every single day we think of you and remember you with love and a smile. Miss you and love you Sui. xo
Happy Birthday Sui. We'd give anything for you to be here. We love you. Always missed and loved forever. xo
Twelve years. We love you Sui. Missed so much and thought about every single day. xo
Happy Birthday Sui. Each and every day you are missed and remembered with love, but especially today. xo
Thirteen years. We miss you Sui. It's no easier. Loved and remembered always. xo
Happy Birthday Sui, Every single day we remember you. You are so loved and so missed. xo
I was thinking of you yesterday on your birthday - all the great memories. Always remembered and very much missed. x
14 years. Today is always a hard one. It doesn't matter how many years have gone by. We love you Sui and miss you so very much. You are loved and remembered every single day. xo
Sui, Happy Birthday. We were thinking about you today, as we do every day. You are so missed. remembered and loved. xo
15 years. Another year passes. Always missed and remembered with love. xo
Another year that we celebrate your birthday without you. Happy Birthday. We love you and miss you. xo
Remembering you always with love, but especially today. We all miss you.
Fairlie x
PS - you wouldn't believe the cost of takeaway coffee now...I'm sure you have something to say about that.
16 years. You are loved, remembered and missed. Every single day, I wish you were here. xo
Thinking of you always, but especially today on your birthday. Remembering all the happy memories. Very much missed by us all. Fairlie x
We remember you each day. On your birthday, we miss you just that little bit more. Love you always. xo
17 years. I can't believe it. We miss you every day. Loved and remembered always . xo
The years pass, but the memories never fade. Thinking of you often, but especially today on your birthday. Fairlie x
We miss and remember you every day but even more so on your birthday. Love you Sui.
Post a Comment