Saturday, 17 May 2008

Band Camp

Kingsley is currently at band camp. The school are calling it a camp but technically it is a May music festival held on school grounds during the day on Friday and Saturday for an additional fee of $80 to cover food!. No sleeping bags or bunk rooms but an extended music lesson/ choir sessions for 8 hours in total.

Kingsley came home last night around 7pm thrilled to have won a mini mars bar in the talent competition held at the end of the day. Unbeknownst to us she had done a solo clarinet performance and Ahubby and I are proud of her for taking a risk in front of her peers and having a go. I need to advise there were only four prize categories .

The culmination of today's activities is a rehearsal version of the music concert the school puts on each June. It is usually held at Melba Hall and the University of Melbourne as we didn't have facilities on site. This year as our new high tech hall is completed it will be held at school. Tickets are usually limited so today Mili and Phili are joining Ahubby at the 2.15 finale performance. I am home, rugged up in front of the gas faux fire trying to shake a dreaded (cold) bug I have managed to pick up while recovering from radiation treatment.

I did send the camera up with Ahubby so may be able to post something suitable later.

2 comments:

M said...

What? No sleeping bag? No lukewarm chicken "Lasagne"? (and I use the quotation marks deliberately)No late night ghost stories? Phooey. Next year they should have proper band camp...

Well done on the solo performance. Blossom is not inclined to play clarinet at all so I understand what courage it takes to do that.

Anonymous said...

..."this one time at band camp"...