Thursday, 29 May 2008

Hair today - gone tomorrow

I knew it was going to happen. Radiation does that to living cells but it doesn't reduce the impact of seeing clumps of your own hair in your hand, on your pillow and all over your shoulders. Last year I had a huge bald patch the size of a saucer which grew back 3 months after treatment. The regrowth was thick, black and no hint of grey. That regrowth , about 4 cms long is now on my pillow.

I will hopefully be able to manage moving my part further left and doing a comb over to the right until the growth starts in spring. A small price to pay but very demoralising when you are already at the lowest ebb

4 comments:

M said...

Long live the comb-over!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh. I wish I knew what to say but I usually end up with my foot firmly planted in my mouth in instances like this. So all I will say, is that you are gorgeous no matter where your hair is. Or isnt.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Hair today - gone tomorrow - back again soon. Hope that's the case, anyway. Definitely feeling your angst over this.

In the meantime, I support M's comment...

Viva la comb-over!

Melinda said...

Blogger ate my comment.

I'm with Fairlie.... hope the hair is back soon.... on a very healthy head.