Not surprising given the fact I had been poisoned by some pretty strong radiation and was on drugs to help with side effects that also suppressed my immunity that I have been hit by "the bug" that seems to be doing the rounds. Nothing like infected sinus, throat and ears to add to the post radiation hangover headache and general malaise.
Ahubby took me off to the Dr. Now I am not a prude or squeamish in any way. I served on a human medical research ethics committee and saw and read alot. I cut the umbilical cord at Kingsley's birth and inspected the placenta, I have spent time in ICU where there is no false modesty and I have had my brain exposed on an operating table twice. However there are still some medical questions that make me uncomfortable. Without wanting to gross my limited readership out my fabulous GP was interested in the colour of my nasal discharge. When I obviously failed to give a detailed specific answer he suggested I could do what another patient does and bring a paint colour chart sample in to show him the exact shade. I kid you not. Who would have thought to be that prepared for a medical visit and the Dr swears it is a true story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think the Dr should provide his patients with a colour chart to pick from. After all how does he know that his patients who are able to describe the colour really are as skilled as they think they are in colour descriptions.
Hope your bug doesn't last long and that your better very soon.
Btw: Was it matt or gloss?
Okay...I'd like to know what sort of bug he thinks it might be to need such a specific colour.
Normally it's either brown, yellow or green that will do but to front up and say "I have Eucalyptus nasal discharge doctor" is just a bit wierd.
Get better soon.
just don't start blowing your snot on the wall as a test patch for the next paint job
Well at least you didn't offer a sample of the real thing.
I'm betting that person is a hypochondriac. It sounds like something my mother-in-law would do.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
I just got "my personal colours done" - if your snot is in the Cool Summer family, I have a swatch in my handbag you could choose from! I have quite a selection of greens- d o you think it may be Lagoon?
I wonder if you can sample cans in that shade?
Couldn't you blow him a 'snot rocket' LOL! I'm sure Ahubby could teach you how ;) So sorry you are sick but seeing the cold temps there I think you would be lucky to escape, no matter how rugged up you got. Wishing you a speedy recovery. We sat in the watery sun this evening on the balcony having leftovers and now listening to Bruce Springsteen playing a few hundred meters away.
Oh fairlie, you made me laugh!! (What else can you do?) Gee do you dare me to tell you about the picture chart my specialist showed me last year when I was having er; 'digestive' issues and I had to pick the ones most like I was producing! I kid you not!!!
Post a Comment