Wednesday, 16 January 2008

I was 21 - Once!

But I can't remember being out that late or bringing home such souvenirs!

There are plenty of stories from the 8 family visitors who joined us at Noosa but unfortunately only a few are publishable to protect those involved!. It was great to catch up with the relatives and spend some quality time. One of Ahubby's cousins, her hubby and little girl travelled with her brother and his mate to visit their sister , her partner and daughter on the Gold Coast. The Melbournites hadn't visited Noosa before so the invite to visit us on the Sunshine Coast only 2hr 20 drive away was quickly accepted. It was a far too quick 2 day visit but lots of fun.

The older girls played together beautifully as there are only a few months difference in age. Baby K , at 14 months , kept us on our toes with her fascination with the stairs but it was the 21 year old boys that entertained us the most.

The younger cousin and his mate who was staying with us managed to locate the "in" nightspots until 4 am and arrived home with a small property for sale sign and a stool. Don't even ask me why but I guess it made sense to them at the time? The boys had fun checking out the local talent and the souvenirs did found their way home again.

Seems like years ago that I was 21 !

2 comments:

Melinda said...

My Rob came home with a mailbox. It was unmarked and he could not remember where on earth they got it. Luckily, there was a designated driver so the mailbox was the only casualty. I'm a sweet, good girl and I didn't do anything memorable at 21. Nothing I'm going to confess anyway.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I recall some of my uni mates regularly coming home late at night with witches hats, and those flashing roadworks-alert lights.

Can't recall anything I need to confess to though.