Thursday, 10 January 2008

The Snake Man

For the very reasonable price of a $45 call out fee John the Snake Man visited us. The Snake Man must be the cheapest tradesman on the coast and the most daring. Armed only with a torch and a canvas bag he ventured into the unknown searching for our "friendly' python.

The python visited us at our pool. He wasn't exactly swimming- just popping up from under the decking surrounding the pool to see who was swimming. John the Snake Man found plenty of evidence of our visitor but not the reptile itself . In his expert opinion the snake has found a new home in a drier environment.

Let's hope he doesn't have any mates who decide to visit!

4 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Man. Hope that snake has migrated a long way away.

Melinda said...

I think it's safe to say *I* won't be visiting! I know they are more scared of us than we of them, but still .... they don't blink! That's creepy. Oh and the tongue thing. That's gross too.

Ronnie said...

I must forward you the email I have just looked at this morning involving a snake and a small 'roo. I do not like snakes at all. And I think John (hope that was his name) the snake man is way way unerpaid.

Anonymous said...

But he gets to keep any snakes that he finds - that must be worth something