Ahubby and I have a theory. We were looking for a suitable bistro/casual restaurant for dinner while on the Gold Coast. Not being locals it was hard to determine what might represent tasty food at reasonable rates. We happened upon a small strip of predominately indoor/outdoor eateries near Broadbeach. In the end we chose an Italian eatery because of the proliferation of reservation signs. We figured if it was that booked it must be good.
Every table except for one had Reserved Signs placed in the centre. Given its alleged popularity due to the prebooked tables we were thrilled to be able secure the last non reserved table. It was when we seated that we decided it was a fabulous marketing ploy. Look popular, act popular and the patrons will come. During the course of our meal we witnessed many patrons walkup without bookings yet get shown to another "last remaining" table with its reserved sign removed.
For the record the food was passable but really nothing to write home about ( or write a blog about!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmmmm. So creating a clever marketing scheme is easier than creating delicious food? I don't think my family is going to buy it if I try it here.... do you? If I put out reserved signs will they think their is big demand for their veggies and gobble them down?
I'm going to put a reserved sign on the dining table, and see if that makes The Impossible Princess suddenly want to sit there and eat dinner!
Post a Comment