Saturday, 16 February 2008

Escape from Hospital

Hello and thanks for the very flattering photo of my ted hose compression socks that Fairlie has placed on her blog. Imagine me topped off with a bandage turban and you have a complete fashion statement.

Surgery ( craniotomy) was Wednesday , spent the night in ICU then to my own room on Thursday. Walking , talking and generally being an ideal patient, even reminding my nurses about the regulation observations that were required. Yes, as Fairlie points out the demarcation of job descriptions was amazing. Home today ( Saturday) at least 2 days ahead of the very short stay I managed last March. Only 3 nights in total post surgery. Pretty amazing that I can be home ( albeit with staples in my head which come out Monday) after having my brain exposed in the operating theatre for 3 hours on Wednesday.!

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and best wishes. I am so lucky to have come through this surgery without any apparent physical or cognitive impairment. Over the next few weeks I'll continue to recover and gather more strength ready for the forthcoming 12 months of chemo and a future of blogging!!!!!

8 comments:

alice said...

Great to read you again, and know you are home and safe. Wishing you a speedy recovery and nothing but good news from now on.

xx

Stomper Girl said...

Good news. Staples in your head sounds violent, somehow and like something our schoolteachers would have warned us against.

M said...

Home and blogging in record time! Great to know you are home S.

Now, you know I tagged you for a meme when you are up to it...

Really, I don't expect you to do it, I'm just so glad to know the surgery went so well.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

From ICU to blogging in under three days?? That has to be some kind of record!

Good to see you back on-line...even better to see you out of hospital so soon and looking so good.

Anita said...

I'm so glad to see you had such a speedy recovery.

That's so funny what you said about the hospital staff. I also laughed about exactly the same thing when I was in. It gets even weirder when all the roles change at the end of the shift.

Anyway this is all great news. Well done.

Melinda said...

So glad you've come through with flying colors! You've been in my thoughts. Ugh on 12 months of chemo. We've been encouraging my Mom to view it like a tunnel. With a nice light and lovely scenery when your done!

Ronnie said...

Was very pleased to hear from you yesterday.

Can't wait for the pics. :)>

And we will all be behind you over the next 12 months when things get tough and hard to deal with.

xxxx

Anonymous said...

good to hear you're home & over your first hurdle of the year - sending love & prayers.*I