Monday, 11 February 2008

Rated M ( medical) A Little Enforced "holiday"

Been a bit sidetracked lately and slack with my blogging and checking out all your blogs . I will be offline for at least another few weeks while recovering from surgery. After the recent MRI news on 29 Jan I head to hospital tomorrow for a visit with my favourite neurosurgeon for another craniotomy . Maybe I should ask for a frequent patient discount?

There will be lots more blood tests and rides in the tunnel. Kingsley took this photo at my recent blood test and is going to help maintain a photographic record of the next stage in the journey.

9 comments:

M said...

Ewwwwwww gross! I nearly fainted at the sight of that needle. Don't show Fairlie.

Good luck Dude!

Love M xx

Anita said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you blogging again after all of this. Keep strong and I'll be thinking of you. All the best!! Anita

Melinda said...

Thinking of you. I bet Kingsley is an excellent nurse. I joked with our dentist after Rob's root canal that I hoped we were paying for a nice Hawaiian vacation for him.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh seriously. Is it too much to ask for a little warning about that needle shot? My stomach has just done major turnover.

All the best for tomorrow. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear how you go.

Ronnie said...

Ronnie Vibes coming your way my cyber buddy...

alice said...

Hey, good luck. Had a few rides in the tunnel myself late last year, don't really like that fairground.
Wishing you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Please keep Kingsley and the camera away from the really gory bits S. I read your blog whilst I eat lunch.

And Melinda, who jokes with dentists about money - didn't you know that making money is the only agenda item at ADA meetings.

Anonymous said...

Fairlie- I did rate it M for that very reason. If you think that was impressive do you want me post scar photos after surgery? Saw a hefty scar of a former TV personality's Brain tumour removal in a magazine at the checkout yesterday. Lucky I won't be able to see my own head.

Heading off in less than hour - look forward to catching up with all my blogging friends as soon as I can.

Stomper Girl said...

I am thinking of you and your craniotomy and crossing all my toes and fingers that you come through okay!!