This is now my current project to get quotes and have the area rectified by the end of March before any rains we do get turn the area into a mud bath. The first supplier arrived on time with a sizable sample (noted above) and answered all my questions:
Was it dog proof, wine proof, paint proof, UV protected so it wouldn't fade, can I rake it , how do I clean it, is it toxic to kids, will the rubber filling choke a child, how does the water drain off, how long will it take to lay, where is it made and so the questions went on?
The second supplier arrived 1 hour early , without calling and left the tiniest 8cm x8cm sample of prickly plastic. Yes he was cheaper but so was the product and service!
I was worried the current sample was looking too artificial but visitors yesterday didn't even register that there was fake turf on the ground.
4 comments:
I reckon you should go for it. It looked pretty good to me.
And while you're at it, perhaps see if you can get some fake shrubs for the garden beds too? :)
Yep, go for it. It's softer than paving and much better to play on. Out of interest, our school had their entire oval covered in "artificial turf" for $50,000.
Oh, and I agree with Fairlie on the artificial shrubs - I'd also like to see a 1960s-style li-lo, an umbrella and a pink flamingo to complete the look. So retro cool.
It looks like you've really done you're homework! What a great list of questions!! I never think of those until it's too late. I second the pink flamingo.
How many shades of green does it come in? And does it react to dog pee the same as real grass?
Post a Comment