Monday, 18 February 2008

Staples are not my favourite stationery!

Those who know me , understand that I am pre-occupied with stationery. There is nothing better than quality writing paper, diaries, journals, scissors and precision made writing instruments. However, I draw the line at staples- particularly when they are in my head.

If you heard a faint ( or even loud) moan today it was me. Nothing like having 28 staples removed from your scalp. My surgeon is renowned for shaving very little hair off and the loss was limited to a 1 cm wide strip in the shape of a large letter C. It started at the temple above the eyebrow, hooked toward the back and then bottom of my head then looped over my ear, ending in front of the ear near the lobe. The downside of losing little hair in surgery is that the remaining hair and dried blood gets caught when the staples are removed!

In the interests of Fairlie's delicate sensitivities after the blood test post, I won't post a photo of the staples in front of the ear or of the scar line which is currently visible when my remaining hair is pulled aside .

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

Oh well you will just have to email them to me S.

xxx

M said...

eewwwwwwwwwwww!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Staples I can handle. Needles...not so much.

PS I've double-tagged you for a M's meme

Melinda said...

Oh my, I'm cringing in sympathy! I hate, hate, hate pain. I signed up for the childbirth epidural on my birthplan. First thing I checked.