Imagine my surprise and excitement to arrive at breakfast and see a beautifully presented gift in front of me. There was a momentary fear that I had forgotten something until I opened the card. We have a policy at TeamSAK of opening the card first. The minute I saw the sign off from M, I knew what lay inside.
It was a piece of art, pristine workmanship of a calibre I never had the pleasure of witnessing before, a garment much admired by the blogging community and footwear of a quality so great that I was unsure if my chemo affected feet were worthy of making contact with them.
The very first pair of socks ever knitted by M were perfect in every way and made even more special knowing that a good friend had sacrificed her first attempt to keep my feet warm while treatment continues.
How spoilt am I? Not only to be the recipient of these socks but to be blessed to be surrounded by great friends and family making this medical journey a little easier!
Ahubby caught up with Firegazer on an interstate trip last night which is where the parcel exchange took place. M was not going to take any risks with this precious parcel not making its destination.
6 comments:
They really look good don't they! Have you tried them on yet? You are (deservedly) spoilt.
xxxx
Thank you for your lovely comments on the socks. It was my pleasure to knit them for you and I'm so glad you like them.
That do look pretty good. I look forward to inspecting them in person. I'll be examining the toe grafting closely!
I can't believe they are hand-knitted! (Only because I am a knitting novice). They are great.
How special. You now have royal feet :)
You would never know they were a first attempt! M is becoming quite the knitter. We are having cold one day, hot the next weather. At the moment I am a little envious of your hand-knitted, one-of-a-kind socks.
Post a Comment