Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Dog Spam

We have all seen the variety of spam emails that hit our inbox despite the best security software and not giving out your email address. Now I am being inundated by something closer to home. Ahubby and Kingsley have undertaken a concerted campaign for an addition to TeamSAK.

Not the Australian Government baby bonus kind but the four legged canine kind. For the record I have nothing against dogs but we don't have a big enough yard, travel interstate too regularly and currently don't enough quality time to commit to raising a puppy. That hasn't stopped Ahubby. I am getting hit with emails showing brown pleading eyes of 8 week old puppies accompanied by captions like "i don't eat much" , " I'd love to stay at your house", "Don't you think I'm cute?" etc.

I was even taken on a "hot date" between medical appointments last week that "just happened" to be at cafe near a Pet Shop with a litter of Golden Retriever pups! You have to give him points for trying. No - a puppy is not a suitable gift for Mother's Day next week!

6 comments:

M said...

Methinks you may be em-bark-ing (hee hee) on a losing battle...

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Dog-gone it. It's a dog's life looking after a canine. Take a paws to think this one through before you let them go fetch a pup.
Okay...I'm finished now..completely out of dog wordplay

Anonymous said...

Any puppy that enters the Team SAK house is welcome to sleepover at my house.

Ronnie said...

LOL. Adele is desperate for a puppy for her birthday. I am not intereted at all. I have come up with the solution. it's a look a like puppy in a basket and it breaths up and down when patted. Have no idea what it is called but that is as close to a puppy as Adele is going to get.

Melinda said...

They are cute, though. And snuggly. You know you want one. I have nothing punny to say, though, unlike M and Fairlie. Who are very, very punny girls.

Ruby said...

Oh I think it's a good idea (despite me being a cat person! - but I love either). Me thinks it's not a bad idea for your household. I could answer all your arguments if you like. :) A small dog, kennels are available, or a combined house/dog sitter. Also think a dog for Kinsley is a very good companion..she would be a very good carer...