As if being housebound was not bad enough I have just spent an hour of my life watching Parliament . It was that or Oprah and Dr Phil- both of which I have no watched before. To be honest - Parliament was actually quite entertaining- drama, attempted humour, grandstanding, waffle and plenty of scratching , preening and shuffling of members seated behind the speaker. To top it all off the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen has just advised the Reserve Bank has left offical interest rates on hold at 7.25 %. Very interesting to see our taxpayer dollars at work. Now, according to newspaper reports , if only our new Prime Minister Mr Rudd would stop working so hard the public servants would stop complaining about having to do extended hours!
I can't wait to see if parliament is sitting tomorrow- that will make my daytime entertainment an easy choice.
Tuesday, 3 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Team SAK, would you like me to send you down my season 1 of Dexter.
I think I need to send over the box-sets of Desperate Housewives and Sex and the City!
Hmmm. I can offer Fawlty Towers, and all the Harry Potter DVDs?
Whatever you guys have got, send it over quick!
Since you haven't seen Indiana Jones, I could pop that over! You need an intervention.
Try Underbelly
Late afternoon's suck for tv in the summer. I have been listening to podcast instead.
Have you thought about Foxtel for some light relief? Sounds like you are getting enough of a laugh watching Parliament though.
Post a Comment