Saturday, 15 December 2007

A festive evening with ..............

Not sure if this breaches Blog etiquette but why do something second rate when first rate quality already exists?

Team SAK refer you to Fairlie's entry on our social outing last night. Pics and words that capture the event. We had a wonderful evening celebrating the yuletide spirit with the annual local Council "Carols by Candlelight". All three girls were well behaved and enjoyed the earlier activities of sliding down the embankment to the oval on pieces of cardboard.

I managed to stay awake until Captain Feathersword but walked home well before the arrival of Santa and the fireworks finale leaving Ahubby to enjoy the remainder of the evening with Kingsley and members of Chez Fairlie. Local dogs were quite excited and woke me with their barks. I managed to see part of the fireworks spectacle over the roof of the neighbouring houses.

4 comments:

M said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening was had by all. I'm glad you managed to get there for as much of it as you did.

Melody said...

Yes, it is I who was responsible. I think it is one yummy dip!

Sounds like you had an enjoyable evening. I'll be back...

Melinda said...

It did sound like a lovely time. But probably it was all downhill after Captain Feathersword?

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

It sure was fun! I've never seen anything quite like that "cardboard" toboggan slope. Literally hundreds of kids sliding down a steep slope on pieces of cardboard boxes. I'll definitely be bringing along a packing box (or perhaps a fridge box??) next year!!