The rate I am going I will need at least the 6 to be ready in time! No time for detailed blogging this week but there have been plenty of blog worthy happenings. Here is a synopsis for the week:
On Sunday morning while Ahubby was in his city office Kingsley and I attended Art Cart at the nearby National Gallery of Victoria. We are long term NGV members but the art/craft activities are free and open to any child. No visit to the Australian gallery is complete without checking out the Indigenous paintings. It was a huge milestone when Kingsley and I caught a bus home by ourselves after lunch. Who would have thought that something so trivial would become a significant achievement given how independent I used to be?
Monday morning saw us at the local Pacific Brands warehouse stocking up on bargain Bonds underclothes, t shirts and shorts. It felt good to be in the old S mode sourcing the required items at much less than RRP. We then headed to our favourite type of store - a bookstore- where both of us drooled over titles we would love to own. The afternoon was spent at home recovering from the outing and finishing off cards to make the late postal clearance. Approximately sixty now done with around 25 left to do . No wonder I have writer's cramp as I am not just content to write to and from around the pre printed message. Each one has a detailed personal handwritten note on the left hand side of the card.
Tuesday was a recovery day with the major outing being a 20 minute wait at the local post office to purchase stamps and lodge a mail redirection notice.
A dear old ( long term ) friend dropped in today for an easy salad and California roll lunch. I have known H since primary school and it was great to be able to host a catch up- albeit a brief one and not up to my usual hostess standards. Baby steps but getting closer to being back to my normal self.
Ahubby has been working in Sydney and heads back there on Friday for the day so we definitely have to make sure we wrap his pressie while he is away.
Today the wrap up commenced. Our lounge room floor is currently a collection of piles of presents for family and friends, rolls of paper, ribbons and cards. By Thursday night everything will be done even the detailed shopping list for the family festive feast.
Only six more sleeps 'til Christmas! With my bedtime still around 7.30 each night due to fatigue ( and the increasing daily activities) I have less than 60 hours of night sleep time with a few extra hours of afternoon naps thrown in before the big day. Yes Santa - I have been a very good girl this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow. I'm exhausted just reading how much you're doing. I'm sure Santa's knows that you've been a good girl :-)
I'm tired now just reading about your card list! You are probably very near the top of Santa's "Good List".... right beneath me!
I am motivated by how much you have done. I have written a shopping list with my Mum and somehow I have endedup in charge of doing the shopping. Like I'm not busy enough. But sadly I am guilty of only haveing written 3 cards. I am truly pathetic.
what do you have planned for the family festive feast? Is it goodies you can pre-prepare? Hope you get everything done. You must be exhausted. After your ordeal, you are to be congratulated
Yes, S, no coal for you this year. I think you're definitely on Santa's "nice" list.
Post a Comment