Love them or loathe them annual letters in cards are standard at this time of year. Dear friend Fairlie is a wizz at wordsmithing fabulous witty annual compilations. M over at EasternMax also sets the bar very high which is why I am too scared to publish a letter in the esteemed company of such talent.
Yesterday TeamSAK received the first , of what will hopefully be a lot of, Christmas letters. Retired friends interstate sent what could pass for a Walkley winning 2 page article. In a change from most others our male friend wrote it. While in no way inferring that we females are more talented in the communication stakes it was a great Christmas report that now keeps us waiting with bated breath for the 2008 version. It was a lovely mix of light witty humorous prose , factual info about travels and quiet reflection on the year that was.
Regardless of the standard TeamSAK love the thought the friends and family have taken the time to share their news with us. I voted for Christmas letters in Fairlie's blog poll. Fairlie and M - we can't wait for the postie to arrive with your masterpieces ( assuming we made the shortlist to receive this year's version!) . The pressure is on!
Footnote: TeamSAK will start this tradition next year as we will be struggling to get basic Christmas cards out on time given we are still writing thank yous for all the support, wishes and gifts received this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmm...actually...you don't make the cut. My criteria for people to receive a newsletter is that I haven't spoken to you more than once or twice during the year. therefore it is in fact a NEWSletter, as opposed to a rehash of what you already know. However, because you're obviously a connoisseur of Christmas newsletters, I shall e-mail you a copy!
But S, you made MY cut. I opted for the "Year in Pictures" approach this year as my attempts at a letter all seemed a little pretentious and, well, blurgh.
I love the Christmas letter too! It helps me feel like I'm keeping in touch with people we don't get to see often, and not missing out on the big news in their lives. I don't do the letter for close friends either Fairlie.... time is too precious, and they already know everything I'm putting in the newsletter.
And I am flat out even trying to get cards in the mail. Have had the cards for 3 weeks and have only written 3. If I get time all 3 will make the mail box today.
Post a Comment