Friday, 9 November 2007

The Coffee Aroma


One of my favourite smells is that of freshly ground coffee so it has been a severe disappointment that I have been unable to contemplate partaking in this drug over the last 9 months. With a more normal sense of smell and taste returning the lure of Aromas at Noosa on the weekend was too much.
Team SAK broke all our principles and sat in the Parisian style chairs facing Hasting Street enjoying a tourist priced coffee fix. Given my new inability to finish a cup I have taken to having coffee served in take away cups even while dining in . This cafe is a place to see and be seen and for that reason we rarely frequent it. While yet again I had to take one third of the drink away we actually had fun watching the passing parade of beautiful people, elite athletes, AFL and ARL footballers, ultra fit triathletes, business tycoons, grandparents babysitting toddlers and men pushing prams.
Wonder if they were thinking - "Oh look - there's TeamSAK!" while we were watching them.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That last line made me laugh! :-D

I love the smell of coffe but do not like the taste. I know. I must be in a tiny minority of adults that don't like coffee. I prefer hot cocoa.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

The big question...how much was the coffee? And was it recommended by the (non-coffee-drinking) lifesaver down at the Noosa beach? :)

Anonymous said...

The coffee was $3.90 which works out at $1.90 plus $2.00 for 30 minutes "rent" sitting in a prime position on Hastings St. Maybe for my next holiday I could just sit at Aromas drinking coffee all day and night rather than paying $300 per night for a hotel room. That way I could justify drinking 75 coffees per day