Sunday, 25 November 2007

Triathlon Pink

Kingsley was determined to compete in today's 7-9 y.o kids race which was part of the Triathlon Pink series. It was only a few weeks ago the training wheels came off , the new 21 speed bike arrived last week and now the first tri registration. A great event run by T3 Events which was held at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park.

The swim was in the outdoor( but heated) pool used for the Commonwealth Games trials. The 1.5km bike headed out and around the golf driving range and the run weaved its way out toward Kerferd Road and back across the pink finish line.
Days like these are not about times or winning but more about participation. There were over 300 women of all shapes, sizes and ages. In the kids' race, Kingsley exited the water in first place almost beating me to transition so I could get a photo! The race then evened out with all the girls smiling , having fun and doing their best. Kingsley finished with a smile- not first - not last- just proud to be a Pinkie!

Ahubby was in charge of the video. Let's just say he is more accustomed to racing than spectating and has room to improve in capturing the activity on film. S, who has years of spectator experience, captured the excitement of the event in 25 still shots. I would love to upload them all here but as there are children I am conscious of protecting privacy etc. Here are two which show you Kingsley , without really showing you Kingsley! Photo 1- part of the row of girls ready for the swim start. Kingsley is centre. Photo 2 - Kingsley just after mounting the bike and starting out of the ride.

3 comments:

M said...

Well done Kingsley I'm REALLY proud of you for doing your first triathlon!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

What a champ! Following in Ahubby's footsteps...you'll be doing the Hawaii ironman (woman?) before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! - a great effort! Well done to the whole team. I'm glad she enjoyed herself - it would have been a cracker to watch I'm sure.
D-Mob