Wednesday, 28 November 2007

Break a leg Kingsley

A theatrical line to wish the performers good luck. Just back from the world premiere of "A Garden Story" created, written and produced by the TP - year 2 children at Kingsley's school. While every child aged 5 - 9 had at least one line eight children had main parts and featured in most scenes. They were allocated after an audition process. TeamSAK are very proud to advise that Kingsley had the main part of the girl character called Fern with multiple lines on every page of the script . She was also in the creative dance performance as part of a flock of birds - necessitating the speedy costume change between her main speaking part scenes.

After reading Fairlie's entry today I went equipped with tissues in the event motherly love and pride caused my eyes to leak. Was very proud but focused on getting a video of the one hour long performance so got through the production dry eyed. Did teeter on the edge during the finale but I will put that down to oncology treatment making me a little fragile!

A wonderful performance by all students. A good learning experience learning stage craft and using wireless mikes etc. Matinee performance is now over with an evening ( 5pm ) after school tomorrow. Mili came today and MOS, DOS get the ticket allocation Thursday.

Ahubby was on still digital photos today but the output was only marginally better than the triathlon video.

5 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Sounds like a great performance and a fantastic experience for Kingsley.

Can't believe you didn't need the tissues - you should have invited me along...I tear up even at other people's kids' performances.

M said...

Well done Kingsley, big pat on the back from the EasternMax family!

Melinda said...

Go Kingsley! Bet she shone like a star! Were you nervous for her? J.T. was a wolf in the school play last year and I was more nervous than he was!

Ronnie said...

Great going Kingsley. I love school concerts and plays. I cry at all things. Shed more than a single tear at the dance concert the other weekend.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had Kingsley's confidence when I was 8 or even at 58 - she was spectacular