Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Winter walks







I don't know what it is but I find something aesthetically pleasing about the contrast of the bare branches against the blue winter sky. The photo/pocket digital camera doesn't do it justice


You just don't get the same impression when viewing a tree against the duller background. For the out- of- towners the river is always that colour - summer or winter




Took these photos on one of my daily winter walks. I now have them perfectly logistically timed so that which ever direction I go I "mysteriously" manage to be in the vicinity of a reputable coffee shop at the right time for a rest.

6 comments:

M said...

Oh brown sludgy river, I miss you.

Shonda Little said...

As a photographer myself, I love both these photos. Good work!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I agree about the aesthetics of leafless branches against a blue skie - there is something almost metallic about the trees. I like them against a completely grey (but light)sky too though - then they seem furry.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh man...skie?? What happened there? Of course I meant "a blue sky".

Ronnie said...

I love dead leafless tree's. Have yet to photgraph any but I have many many tee's around that I want to photograph because they are dead.

Can't wait until you take me on one of these walks.

Melinda said...

Sounds like a well-planned walk to me, to end up at the coffee shop. What a lovely view(s) along your walk.