This is the start of a number of conversations at TeamSAK when trying to make a point about how lucky Kingsley is to be growing up in today's world. In my day we were only allowed to have a lunch order at school on your actual birthday. As my bithday inevitably fell at the end of summer holidays I always missed out. In my day birthday parties were simple at home affairs with the obligatory lopsided sponge cake and one small party bag with a jelly snake and chocolate frog. In my day I did chores but didn't get pocket money unlike today when $ are transfered via direct debit into Kingsley's bank account.
Of course in my day we had to walk 5 mile through rain and snow in bare feet to get to school - not driven in an European convertible with inbuilt entertainment system.
I am in the process of planning Kingsley's birthday for later this year so have plenty of material for some party related blogs over the next few weeks. Think I have come up with a great reasonably cost effective idea which is unique
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
In my day...we didn't get to have a birthday every year, we had to ration them out. Which is why I'm now only 21.
Oh, I was the eldest, and the bossiest. I'd have my birthday and pinch my brothers' birthdays too. Oh, okay, I kid.
Once when mum and dad were away for 2 months (!!) and we stayed with the grandparents I had lunch orders every day. They're not that special when you get them every day.
In my day .... oh I wish I could remember just what we did for birthdays that long ago.
But I do remember how excited I was in the days leading up to the big day and even sisters being nasty because it wasn't their birthday couldn't take the excitement away.
In my day.... I got clothes (CLOTHES) for presents! Grandparents and their practical gifts. But I was told I was fortunate to get them. They had no clothes in their day, apparently.
Oh it's not just me *laughing* We know we are getting older when we trot out that line!!! I was allowed lunch orders on Fridays only! (even in high school) I had to clean my shoes everyday. Yep the birthdays sound familiar. Sausage rolls and party pies were a treat and our cake had one of those bits of paper wrapped about it with Happy Birthday written on it and frilly edges.
Laughing at Fairlie and Melinda! LOL My mum used to buy my clothes till I was about 11!! Imagine that these days!!
Post a Comment