Have lost track of the number of times TeamSAK have walked the streets to school or the shops. Shows how much you take things for granted. Yesterday it took Kingsley to point out the Eureka Tower on our way home. It's the tallest one in the city skyline- only wish the power lines didn't obscure it in the photo.
Before my medical mishap this year Ahubby and I were seriously looking at Eureka Functions for a combined "significant" milestone birthday party.
A tourist attraction has now also opened . It is called The Edge and is a glass cube which project out 3 metres from the building approximately 300 metres from the ground. Not for the faint hearted or those afraid of heights! Who said there is no adventure in Melbourne? Experiencing the Edge is on our list of things to do.
4 comments:
I would not be making the trip to the Edge, lovely as it sounds. Terrified, TERRIFIED of heights. That involuntary cannot move, frozen in place kind of scared. Not that it doesn't SOUND like a wonderful experience in theory... :-) Hope you get to go soon and enjoy it.... Just post pictures for me, the one who will never get to enjoy the lovely tower top views of any building.... except vicariously through others.....
I meant to tell you in my earlier comment that my friend Ashlee (went to the ballgame with her) is a 10 year cancer survivor. Had a brain tumor, diagnosed while she was in college. We surprised her as a lift following routine MRI and bloodwork she has to have every few years now.... she was thrilled and J.T. was fascinated with her needlestick sites. Good luck to you... wishing you many strong days as you fight!
Not sure I could do the glass cube either. But then again I did go on "The Tower Of Terror" at Dreamworld (I wanted to wear a t shirt that said 'I survived the tower of terror' after though.) so maybe I could do it. If I get to Melbourne next year I'll give you a call and we can go together.
I hope you are feeling ok this week S.
Ronnie
Be sure to book me a ticket when i EVENTUALLY make it to your shores one-day...
Hope the holiday is fun. Thinking of you lots
Ingrid
Post a Comment