Our niece T1 has been rehearsing continuously most of the year with the school ensemble. Their school participates in the Rock Eisteddfod Challenge. A drug free event celebrating the creativity and skills of secondary school students. T1's school did very well in the early rounds and made the open finals held on Thursday 13 September.
WStar and I took Kingsley into Vodafone Arena to watch part of the production and to support T1. We sat near T2, TB , Mili and Phili and Kingsley's aunt TL. We saw 2 primary schools present their exhibition performances then watched 5 of the 12 senior open schools present their productions. Unfortunately we couldn't stay for T1's school as they were not scheduled until well after 10.15pm which was after all our bedtimes! . The order was only determined that morning and it was risk we took when we arranged the tickets weeks ago.
Even our short attendance gave Kingsley an overview of the talent various state and private school students could show. We understand there may be a TV production screening in early December and will keep our eyes open for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll be watching out for the TV show. It's one of those things that I always seem to stumble upon each year. Switch the tv on mid-Sunday afternoon and there it is. (And I don't often switch the TV on mid-Sunday afternoon!!) I think it's just amazing what these kids achieve.
Post a Comment