Friday, 7 September 2007

Honey Joys





What do you get if you combine melted butter, sugar, honey and cornflakes? The classic treat called Honey Joys. Sad to say that S has never made them and it was left to Nanny Danny to make them with Kingsley after school today.



3 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Mmm-mmm. Honey Joys. They were always my favourite party food. All that fat, sugar and over-refined cereal...you just can't beat them!

May just have to pop in when I'm passing to see if there are any left!

M said...

I think Honey Joys were the Muesli Bar of the 1970s. Just as much sugar, just as little nutrition. But who cares! Yum.

BTW do you think they would post well?

Team SAK said...

To be honest I was always a little concerned about the nutritional content. I relented as I guess part of being a kid is doing all these sorts of things at least once - as long as chocolate crackles aren't next on the wish list and the private health insurance includes dental cover!

Looks like the Honey Joys are indestructible so am sure they would survive being mailed worldwide