Wednesday, 1 August 2007

Naming Rights

One of my very dear friends ,who is an extremely talented legal eagle and presides over courts, has raised a concern about the TeamSAK blog. I was thinking worse case thoughts like libel or defamation and the panic set in. No - thank goodness - nothing as dramatic as that. My friend is concerned about the naming rights of Ahubby!

She feels that the name Ahubby doesn't capture the essence and importance of the place of the only male in the family. I replied that at least it wasn't Hubby No 1 which implied subsequent hubbies could be on the scene! Her very fine suggestion was to replace Ahubby with Adam - who of course was the first male!

If I could set up a poll online I would . Instead let me know if Ahubby should be renamed Adam.

3 comments:

M said...

Grasshopper, an online poll is the only way to solve this issue of major importance. Go to 'customise' then click add item to the template area, then click on 'poll'. Self explanatory from there.When in doubt call Fairlie to fix.

I think there has to be some 'cycling' related choices in there. Or perhaps, "Current Husband" or DoK (Dad of Kingsley).

M said...

or perhaps HoS (Husband of S)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I'm a bit of a traditionalist about names...once you've got one, I think it is bad luck to change it. I still secretly think of Firegazer as No.1 Husband... And I've struggled with my brother just dropping an L from his. So my advice would be not to change it. There's something very endearing about 'Ahubby'. (and as someone rightly pointed out on an earlier post, it gives you plenty of scope to move onto Bhubby and Chubby!)