Tuesday, 9 October 2007

The Counting House


No wonder the Mint has to make more coins! Ahubby has been accumulating his own personal collection in his coin jar/bin and has taken a lot out of circulation. After borrowing coin bags from the local bank Kingsley and Ahubby started the mammoth task of physically counting all the money. ( The Queen was in the parlour eating bread and honey or so the nursery rhyme goes doesn't it?)
Last time we emptied out the money box we had enough cash to buy a new washing machine and this time it wasn't far behind. With $722 , Kingsley is scheming that there is enough for a new Ipod and some CDs as well! All that needs to be done now is to transport the very heavy loot off to the bank.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like hours of family fun! Kingsley could think about making a donation to a worthy charity - me! I'll ever help to carry the loot ..... to my car!

Melinda said...

I hope you have an armored car and guards lined up! Wow!! I always nick change from the jar for sodas and biscuits... so we never accumulate more than about $35. And that takes FOREVER! I like Kingsley's idea. IPOD, itunes and CDs. Brilliant use of funds.

Ronnie said...

I paid for Angela's Birthday present with 20c pieces and 50c pieces.

I also have enough change saved to pay for the band for my party.

What I want to know is if kingsley is going to be successful in getting an iPod and cd's etc.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I have a bucket that I'm going to leave at your place...now if you could just please instruct Ahubby that he is to start depositing to my bucket rather than his own...!

And Kingsley...you know the drill...you have to be TEN for an iPod!!

Stomper Girl said...

Wow! A washing machine with the loose change? I may have to raid the jar on the other side of the bed....