If only my legs were as long as those in the shadow. Shorter torso and longer legs but genetically it was not meant to be. At 132 cm I predict within a few years Kingsley will be taller than me ( a compact 160cm) thanks to Ahubby's genetic input. Don't know the metric equivalent but he is 6ft 2 or 3 in the old school.
In primary school I was one of the tallest girls then the others caught up and passed me. Being a little height deprived has some limitations which is why Ahubby hides the good chocolates on the top shelf of the pantry. It is also why I get to paint the bottom of the fence and get the front row of any family photo.
Someone once told me that good things come in small packages but then added "But- so does arsenic". Happy with how I am but if only my legs were longer!
4 comments:
Lovely post Grasshopper.
I too was one of the tallest kids in my class at primary school. I only grew two inches between primary school and adulthood. And I dont think I have changed shoe size since early high school.
Great pic...and nice post too.
I grew steadily. The Mof measured me on my 2nd birthday and my adult height is exactly double that - proving the old wives tale. If it proves correct for Queenie, she'll be about 180cms.
Never fear S. Some things are meant to be. I am taller than you. You are taller than MOS and MOS is taller than Kingsley. And we all know that isn't going to last long.
P.S. - I find a kitchen stool helps to reach hidden chocolates!
As a person who is 172 centimeters tall.... I always wanted to be the person on the front row! Or not to have to bend down on my knees to get something off the bottom shelf. Or taller than every single boy in my class until the very end of high school. Guess the grass is always greener on someone else's side of the fence. ;-)
Love that shadow picture. Reminds me of racing mine when I was a little girl.
Post a Comment