Wednesday, 3 October 2007

Just my luck!

Sitting on our Queensland holiday shack balcony watching the blue waters of the bay meet the perfect blue sky on the horizon when the mobile phone rang . A very nice lady from The Sunday Herald Sun rang to tell me I had won a prize! A family pass valued at $75 to the Royal Melbourne Show along with a few free showbags. How exciting! What a thrill and what a disappointment! Ahubby and Kingsley had already been and paid for their own admission the previous weekend and the show finished while we would still be away.

S never enters competitions due to privacy aspects and fears of continuous junk mail. After my life changing year I thought I might try something new and entered the competition online (via a new hotmail address of course). Just my luck however that the first time I enter , I win, but can't use the tickets!

Some lucky neighbours with 3 children scored the admission tickets but said the office had run out of the showbags. Received another call today from the Royal Agricultural Society to say my free showbags had not been collected! They are now being posted out to us and will be the subject of a later blog entry. Maybe my luck is changing after all!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Lucky, Lucky you! Prizes in the Post! What are the odds they would track you down for prizes you didn't collect? Send some of that luck my way please. I only seem to "win" things from long-lost uncles in Nigeria!

Ronnie said...

Hi S it's great to have you back. Sorry I didn't reply to your sms's but I have very crap reception here at home.


I hope you are feeling all healthy and well rested.


I had a bit of a giggle about your win. I wonder what show bags you will get?

Anonymous said...

Bad luck - the show freebie would have been much better than a run down beach shack with ocean views!