Sunday, 7 October 2007

Hair today - gone tomorrow!

Part of the back to school routine is the traditional haircut on the last day of holidays. Kingsley has just changed hairdressers and now uses Mal Bradley. We are thrilled with the results. Great staff , good cuts, complimentary cappuccinos and hot chocolates with reasonable prices . Friday's adventure started with Kingsley having a luxurious hair shampoo and head massage while sitting at the basin with all the other big girls.




The start of the comb and blow dry. Kingsley was very excited to be sitting in the big chair alongside other women having the weekly blow dry/set and colour touch up.


Finally the cutting begins.




The finished product and Kingsley leaves the salon 60 minutes later, hair looking fabulous like a model and no longer my little baby that entered the salon with her hair in plaits. Best part was it was only $25 for the star treatment. Thank you Jess for making Kingsley feel so special!


Given Kingsley was looking so "glam" we just had to adjourn to the nearby cafe/bistro for a celebratory morning tea. So why a post on something as basic as a haircut? S is just looking forward to the day ( post chemo/treatment) that she can enjoy the luxury of a haircut just like Kingsley! Amazing what you take for granted and you only realise it when you can't do it any longer.

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

Kingsley looks like a superstar. S it won't be long 'til you're giving yourself the star treatment. In fact I will happily pay for first visit to the salon when the time comes.

Smiles and hugs,

Ronnie

M said...

I SO have to show KelpieBlossom. She is due for her ANNUAL (yes, annual) haircut. With Padawan Learner and Firegazer having monthly haircuts it's lucky KelpieBlossom has long straight hair that doesn't need much attention or we'd all go broke.

Kingsley's hair looked fabulous!

Melinda said...

How sweet of Ronnie! I say you go full out on a Spa day.... hair, nails, massage, facial, make up.... the works! Kingsley's hair is so lovely. Just like in the shampoo commercials. Shiny and so straight. I have to take Abby soon. She is 3 and has never had a hair cut... but it is starting to look a little stringy, so... we have to bite the bullet. I'm taking tissues! I know I will cry.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

That is one super-glam haircut!

I agree with Melinda...when the time comes, it should be a full-on dayspa experience!!