Sunday, 16 March 2008

Hop to it!

The Easter Bonnet parade at school brings out the best in the creative mums ( like Fairlie and M) and the worst in me! For the past 3 years Kingsley has worn an old straw hat decorated with tulle, eggs, little baby fluffy ( fake) chickens and the odd rabbit. This year she wanted a change.

I would love to take credit for the above creation but all I can say is thank goodness for the clearance bin at the local Spotlight outlet. The hat and matching bag took TeamSAK 3 minutes and a mere $5 in total to procure. How is that for creativity within a tight budget?????

3 comments:

M said...

Very cool S! I am put to shame with your thrifty purchase.

PL has an "Easter Fashions" parade on Thursday and i am ashamed to say that I spent much more than that to make the requested hot cross bun costume...(which will be posted to the blog later tonight).

Melinda said...

That's my kind of creative. Cheap and bright. I wish Abby's school would have an Easter bonnet parade! I'm sure I could talk Rob's mother into making her something. I love her too much to embarrass her with whatever gaudy creation I could come up with!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Cheap and cheerful. The best kind of Easter bonnet. You can find some amazing stuff in those Spotlight clearance bins.

Kingsley will look a treat.