Friday, 28 March 2008

House Gifts

We are lucky to have our beach shack and while we are not there are more than happy to let friends and family use it for holiday breaks. I have prepared a detailed guest information book that includes details about all aspects of the home. It covers items like how to turn the gas on, storm kits, rubbish collection night, locking up checklist and in fact every conceivable question a guest may ask.

Obviously though I was not clear enough. I had to have words with our last guests about the state of the house when I arrived. No where in the detailed manual did it mention gifts and yet , when we arrived, there they were! Two fabulous CDs, a beautiful hardback coffee table book on beach houses and a good food/wine guide. The best part was a terrific hand drawn picture by their children depicting their holiday experiences. How lucky are we??

1 comment:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

And I bet those houseguests didn't try to set fire to the BBQ...