Despite living in a metric age some things will always be measured in inches. Before the spam filters go into overdrive I should clarify I am refering to television screens. Ahubby, like so many of his contemporaries, is heavily into the electronic gadget era. HDD recorders, set top boxes, ipods, flat screen tvs and more.
I was quite happy with the 10 inch version in the bedroom but the 42 inch Plasma now has a 32 inch LCD sibling. Watching TV on the big screen only highlights even more the often poor content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It took me ages to work out that the "42 inches" refers to a DIAGONAL measurement...I kept looking at screens thinking, "gee that sure doesn't look like it is 3 and a half feet wide"...D'oh.
not only is it bigger than her 10 inch, it also lasts longer (even the ad breaks do)
Yes, well Firegazer's Plasma habits are well known to all. Seems to have rubbed off on Padawan Learner too so I've had to take the drastic steps of implementing a Firegazing Management Plan.
Details to follow on EasternMax once I hand in my dreaded final assignment...
Why stop at 42 inches! Perhaps Ahubby should investigate the option of a roof mounted projector system (complete with the surround sound system and cinema style chairs - complete with cup & food holders) whereby the screen size is only limited by the size of the wall from which the images are viewed. Whilst Ahubby is considering this, perhaps he should also look at the possibility of hooking all of the electronic gadets up to a centralised remote which will you allow you to not only control the TV&DVD but the lighting, heating etc as well.
Post a Comment