Sunday, 10 June 2007

The Three Rings


Marriage as an institution is either something you believe in or you don't. Ahubby and S eloped in the USA over a decade ago, close friends live in serious cohabitation while others celebrated the union in style only equalled by royal nuptials. The commitment is the same for each couple. It got me wondering just what people think about marriage and the symbolism about the exchange of vows and rings.

This t-shirt shows how someone feels:
Engagement ring, wedding ring, Suffering

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wstar's husband wants to know how long the suffering lasts and what is the next stage?

Anonymous said...

The next two stages are Separating and Divorcing! Caution: these stages should be avoided if possible.

Anonymous said...

After separating and divorcing, comes the "banking" of the settlement, followed soon after by the "hunting" for a new engagement ring. On and on the cycle goes.....

Anonymous said...

You can have your three rings I'll be more than satisfied with a 1.5ct brilliant cut flawless pink Argyle diamond & a string of not even headed for the t-intersection relationships - perhaps I should revisit that 21st option & ask for donations as presents, add that to Mr Howard's very kind first home owners grant (that I was never eligible for) oh & cause an election is coming up & as we need to seek extra votes for the coming election lets double it & even abolish the stamp duty where we can, oh yeah that's where the suffering is ... so don't forget to tell Ma & Pa Kettle I've a birthday coming up hmm maybe if I add that to the other milestones the pink is attainable ... ok I'll settle for a 1ctVS then, & yeah OK a champagne will do just fine!!