Friday, 13 July 2007

Above Average

As it is still school holidays Kingsley joined us at the Oncologist appointment this morning. Wouldn't have thought it was a fun thing but Kingsley was also keen to watch yesterday's blood test as well. Maybe there is a medico in the making. My doctor, who has 3 daughters of his own, was great with Kingsley and all her questions. She was fascinated by his medical bookshelf and announced the titles of the various pathology and oncology books pronouncing the multi syllable words perfectly. Dr very kindly measured the height of Kingsley today before prescribing S's next 5 day dose of chemo ( but based on S's height and weight!).

Most mums know the exact height and weight of their children when they are little owing to the regular maternal health care visits. Ahubby and I had no idea of Kingsley's height but suspected she may be on the taller side for her age owing to the genetics from her father's side! (Gets her intelligence, compassion and personality from mine!)

Kingsley , aged 7, is 135.5 cm tall. Did some research and the only height average chart I could find was at HealthEpic . According to this Kingsley should be 11 years old or at least 20 cm shorter than she is. Whatever the outcome she will tower over her mum and MOS well before starting high school!

3 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Have just looked up Kingsley's height in the MCH charts I have handy on my desk (being the Type-A Mum that I am...!) According to them, the average height for an Australian 7 year old girl is just under 120cms. At 135.5cms, Kingsley is above the 97th percentile for her age. Her height is average for a 9 and a half year old. However, having said that, I have just compared her against the 9 and three-quarter year old and 10 and a bit year old she is currently playing with and she is a good half a head shorter than the smaller of the two. Perhaps those charts are based on data collected when Aussie girls were malnourished and much shorter???

Team SAK said...

Well - while I can't nuture plants I have been successful with offspring! Thanks for the updated Australian research Fairlie.

Anonymous said...

You have certainly been successful at nurturing offspring! Kingsley is a wonderful student. Great holiday reading Kingsley. See you next week. ;)