Friday, 6 July 2007

Nancy's back in vogue



Girl detective and amateur sleuth Nancy Drew was a favourite read of S and WStar when they were growing up. It was wonderful to see this favourite make a comeback. If only our set of books had not gone the way of Beebo. While researching a purchase for Kingsley, S learnt a lot about the original author Carolyne Keene and the others who had authored various adventures under that name or in their own name. Kingsley has a boxed set of 1- 6 on order as a holiday treat and was also lucky to receive a surprise present from her friend Sofe yesterday.

Last week T1 and Kingsley watched the new release film about Nancy Drew but I suspect that the character I remember who wore penny loafers has been contemporised on the screen.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

I loved Nancy Drew as a kid. I hope my almost 10 year old wants to go and see it but I fear she loves BRATZ more than anything.

Anonymous said...

It's a really good movie!!!!! Everyone should see it.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I'm interested in how 'contemporised' teh new Nancy Drew is...?

Could Kingsley please write me a 10,000 word dissertation on her views on this? (Please ensure she includes an executive summary, as that will probably be the only part I read.)