Friday, 27 July 2007

Crying over spilt milk.

Those who have been filling in their spare time reading TeamSAK will know the trials and tribulations we have faced in trying to get a simple grocery order delivered on time and as ordered on a weekly basis. After more than enough second chances we changed provider for this week's delivery.

Rationale for the new online provider
Cons- you must be home to accept delivery and they only deliver in 4 hour blocks unless you want to pay for a 2 hour block
Pros- prices slightly cheaper and appears to have a wider selection.

Really no other options in our area unless I send Ahubby to shop on the weekend which is a waste of his precious family time. Last time I sent Ahubby there was a lot of unauthorised items purchased!

This morning before 9 am I received an email from the online store advising and apologising that 3 common everyday items I had ordered were not available. At least they let me know prior to delivery in an attempt to allow me to obtain the supplies from elsewhere if they were critical to tonight's dinner. Doesn't help when the reason you are using them is that you are already housebound. Not to mention the fact that you must be home to accept delivery of the rest of the shop! No OJ for breaky tomorrow!

The good news was that Ben and his truck arrived 2 hours into the designated four hour delivery block. The second crate contained the 2 litres of no fat milk I was desperately waiting for to make my daily cappuccino with . Unfortunately the bottle had leaked and there was milk everywhere with only a little remaining in the bottle . Helpdesk Sylvie has a very nice counterpart at her competitors!

Is it wrong to be concerned that the toilet cleaning fluid was packed into the same bag as perishable food? The thought of chemicals in with food worried me and I had to relay my concerns to helpdesk while discussing the spilt milk issue. For the record I will be receiving a credit for the milk.

I suspect my file is now marked with an * and a warning about being a difficult customer!

1 comment:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh no...Ahubby can't be entrusted with the grocery shopping...not if he's going to bring home LCMs!!

I don't think your file will be marked with a * (probably more of a #*@%!)