
Photo courtesy of Arnotts recipe website. Will post a finished version of ours when made.
Tomorrow night T1,T2, TB, Kingsley, Elle , S and Ahubby are holding a special family dinner in honour of Elle's visit and to celebrate being together. One particular family favourite sweet is chocolate ripple cake and Elle and Kingsley are making it tonight in readiness for the family dinner.
Very easy to make with lots of variations. Check out the recipe on the Arnotts website to see just how easy and quick it is. If you get adventurous try the ginger variation or make adult versions where the biscuits are dipped in various alcohols and liqueurs before covered in the whipped cream. Not sure that it is diet food but special treats, which happen rarely, need to be savoured and enjoyed.
4 comments:
I had never encountered the chocolate ripple cake before we moved to Melbourne - it must be an "eastern states" thing? I've never made one myself - must try it out. I look forward to seeing the end result photos.
I saw the recipe for this somewhere. Think my Son was going to make it but never got round to it.
Have a lovely family dinner.
Ronnie
On behalf of Elle
It's not just an eastern states thing I've encountered it over west ... actually I was the one who made it, post a discussion about it with an expat easterner hhmmm and on reflection I'm thinking there was a search to find the 'choc ripple biscuits' in Coles as they were labelled under another brand. Okay maybe it is so ... you can have my slice cause, sshhh (as I'm about to destroy the myth of it being an 'all round' family favourite)I don't really like it!!
This sounds great. Must try this, have not seen it in SA before. What are you preparing for main course?
Post a Comment