Our nieces T1 and T2 are
currently on their 2 week year 10 camp to central Australia. Also by bus but in better style than the one S went on all those years ago. We got to see Port Phillip Bay and these 15 year olds will experience the wonders of Uluru.Kingsley is already saving for the Grade 6 school camp to Japan. These intrepid 11 year old explorers , accompanied by their Japanese teacher are billeted out with families and immersed in the local culture .

Things were different in my day!
4 comments:
In my day...the Year 10 camp was 3 days in tents at Kalbarri. We arrived (after a VERY long bus trip from Perth) to discover Kalbarri had just gone on yellow alert for the latest cyclone. During the night most of the tents collapsed and girls made frantic dashes in the torrential rain and howling gales to the nearest standing tents...I think our 5-man tent eventually had 15 wet and tired girls in it. The next day, the teachers decided to abandon camp and we went to stay in one of the girls shearing sheds a couple of hours away.
How different are school camps these days? My 10 year old goes to Canberra for 7 days on September 1st. Not sure I totally agree with it but as a parent what do you do.
I think the furtherest (is that even a word) I ever went on school camp was to Magnetic Island in year 6.
Ronnie
Kalbarri?! Fairlie, you must've gone to a flash school. I recall a camp to Point Peron and a camp to Yanchep...
Big M tells me his school camp highlight was catching the train from Glenferrie to Upwey then walking to the camp. Wouldn't a Zone 2 ticky get you there today?
But then again, they use to have a holiday home in Belgrave! Wacky doodah!!!
Post a Comment