Saturday, 14 July 2007

Christmas in July

The cold weather and being housebound got S thinking about life's big questions. Just what was the history behind Christmas in July celebrations? When in doubt the trusty wikipedia entries helped so I'll refer you there for full information.
Here is photo of the real Christmas in December. The decorated and lighted tree at Hastings Street , Noosa Heads.

2 comments:

M said...

I'm a Christmas in December type of gal. With all the trimmings, regardless of 40 degree days.

In my house there is a v strict rule that Christmas decorations are not allowed until after 24 November. In fact I believe Christmas decorations should not be allowed up in public places until after then as well...

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Christmas decorations are not allowed Chez Fairlie until post-Dec 2.

Can you beleive I actually saw Christmas decorations advertised in a catalogue last week??? There oughta be a law against that.

And I've always argued for the sake of symmetry, it should be Christmas in JUNE, not July (but I see trusty old Wikipedia deals with that issue).